Day 1 - 3: Bangkok - Kanchanaburi
- Arrive in Bangkok. Sightsee the Grand Palace, reclining Budha and the local market. Embark on a food tour by Tuk Tuk.
- Immerse yourself in an unforgettable tuk-tuk food tour.
- Experience the lively Damnoen Saduak Floating Market. Take a train ride along the historic Death Railway in Kanchanaburi.
Day 4 - 5: Chiang Rai
- Fly to Chiang Rai. Visit the city’s top attractions and explore the infamous Golden Triangle. Relax at Mae Khajan Hot spring.
Day 6 - 8: Chiang Mai - Departure
- Enjoy a Chiang Mai City Tour: Doi Suthep, Wat Umong and more.
- Take part in a morning almsgiving ceremony.
- Explore Elephant Patara Sanctuary and the serene countryside.
- Return to Bangkok and catch your departure flight.
Discover the highlight destinations of Thailand on this tour! Visit the Grand Palace and splendid Buddhist temples of Bangkok. Enjoy the half-day trip to Kanchanaburi, renowned for its spectacular national parks and the Death Railway. In Chiang Rai, visit the unique White Temple and tour to the infamous Golden Triangle – the centre of the opium trade. Join the daily almsgiving at Doi Suthep mountain, and visit Wat Doi Suthep, Wat Umong and explore the lost city of Wiang Kum Kam, “The Underground Empire”. End the tour by spending a relaxing and unforgettable time at The Elephant Nature Park.
Welcome to Bangkok, the City of Angels.
Your guide awaits you at arrivals for a private ride to your city center hotel. This vibrant metropolis is ready to enchant you with its unique blend of tradition and modernity. Take the day to relax, and consider trying a Thai traditional massage to kickstart your holiday after your long flight.
Overnight in Bangkok
Begin your exploration in Bangkok with a visit to the iconic Wat Pho, home to the magnificent 45m (148ft) reclining Buddha and the esteemed original Thai massage school. Hop into a tuk-tuk for a thrilling ride to the Grand Palace, a place of great reverence housing the famous Emerald Buddha, meticulously crafted from jade or jasper.
Savor lunch at a local restaurant, delighting in Thai cuisine. Then, embark on a tranquil long-tailed boat ride through Thonburi’s charming canals, immersing yourself in local life and pausing at the scenic Wat Arun temple.
Be sure to explore the vibrant atmosphere of the lively Talad Kao Market, where you’ll find an abundance of culinary delights, fresh and dried fruits, and Chinese herbs. Then, return to your hotel for relaxation.
In the evening, embark on an enchanting Tuk Tuk food journey through Bangkok. Led by expert guides and Tuk Tuk drivers, savor Northeastern Thai cuisine, including spicy delicacies like papaya salad and crispy catfish. A charming detour to the flower market and Wat Pho adds a touch of magic to your evening.
Overnight in Bangkok
Get ready to kick off your adventure early as we head out to the charming Damnoen Saduak Floating Market, just 110 km to the west of Bangkok. Along the way, you’ll enjoy a leisurely drive past lush rice paddies and salt fields. We’ll make a cool stop on the route to check out a farmhouse where locals craft sugar from coconuts. And that’s not all – get ready for a quick 30-minute speedboat ride through fruit plantations, where you’ll catch glimpses of traditional Thai houses and ways of life.
We’ll arrive at the bustling Damnoen Saduak Floating Market, and you won’t believe your eyes – boats of all shapes and sizes, loaded with goodies, bustling about. Want to dive right into the shopping scene? You can even rent a little boat and explore the market like a local.
After the market buzz, we’re off to a wood carving factory to see the craft in action.
Around noon, we’ll roll into Kanchanaburi town, famous for the world-renowned bridge over the River Kwai – a piece of history built by Allied prisoners during World War II. Get ready for an unforgettable train ride on the Death Railway, complete with breathtaking scenery and a ride over the original wooden viaduct.
Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant before we hit the road again. As we drive back to Bangkok, soak in the views of vibrant green paddy fields, charming villages, and serene temples.
Overnight in Bangkok
Enjoy your breakfast and check out from your hotel. Then transfer to the airport for a short flight to Chiang Rai, charming city in northern Thailand known for its stunning temples, picturesque landscapes, and vibrant local culture.
As soon as you touch down in Chiang Rai, your friendly local guide and driver will be there to give you a warm welcome. Then embark on an exploration in Chiang Rai city by visiting the impressive Wat Prakaew and paying respects at the King Mengrai Monument.
The next stop is something truly special – the White Temple. This dazzling temple, located just outside Chiang Rai, is famous all around Thailand. People from near and far come to see its beauty, and you’re about to be one of them!
Our adventure wraps up with a comfortable ride to your downtown hotel, where you’ll check in and have some well-deserved free time to do as you please.
Overnight in Chiang Rai
Breakfast at the hotel and check out, then start the tour to visit the infamous Golden Triangle renowned for centuries as the centre of the opium trade. From a hilltop viewpoint, marvel at the splendor of the mighty Mekong joining with the Ruak and forming the actual “Triangle” with Laos Burma and Thailand.
Next up, hop aboard a traditional long-tail boat for a scenic river journey. After that, enjoy some leisurely shopping at Mae Sai Border before we hit the road for a four-hour drive to Chiang Mai.
Along the way, we’ll make a refreshing pit stop at Mae Khajan Hot Spring to unwind. Don’t miss the chance to visit the fascinating Long Neck village, a unique cultural experience.
Finally, we’ll continue our drive to Chiang Mai, where we’ll settle in for the night.
Overnight in Chiang Mai
Begin your day with an early start, heading to Doi Suthep Temple to witness monks descending from the mountain for their daily alms, a visually captivating ritual.
Next, journey up the mountain to Wat Doi Suthep, founded in 1383 AD and among Northern Thailand’s most sacred temples. Explore its pagodas, statues, and enjoy panoramic city views before returning for lunch.
In the afternoon, start at the iconic Tha Phae Gate, then ride through the old city’s narrow lanes to picturesque forest-lined roads. Pause by Wat Phra That Doi Khama, serene 7th Century Buddha and visit an artisan craft village. Immerse in the bustling Chiang Mai market scene before concluding with a visit to Wat Srisuphan “Silver Temple”, Thailand’s most stunning temple, offering incredible photo ops and a local snack.
Overnight in Chiang Mai
This morning, embark on a journey to Araksa Tea Garden in Mae Tang District, a lush plantation known for its premium Assam tea.
Upon arrival, friendly staff will introduce you to the art of cultivating young tea plants. Follow the resident plucker to the tea bushes and try your hand at plucking tea leaves. Then, witness the time-honored process of crafting tea by hand, from kneading to roasting, and savor a cup of tea paired with a delightful Thai snack.
After a light lunch, we’ll head to Patara Elephant Sanctuary, where you’ll learn how to approach, feed, and care for these magnificent creatures. You will also join in bathing and brushing them in the river.
Experience the unique opportunity to assist in the daily healthcare of pregnant elephants and their babies and witness elephants in their natural family interactions.
As the day winds down, we’ll return to your hotel in the early evening, leaving you with lasting memories of this enriching adventure.
Overnight in Chiang Mai
Once you’ve enjoyed a satisfying breakfast at the hotel, your driver arrives to transfer you to Chiang Mai Airport. From there, you’ll either catch your departure flight directly or we’ll arrange a local flight back to Bangkok, where you’ll then catch your connecting flight back home. Safe travels!
Introducing a family-owned boutique hotel with spacious stylish rooms, high ceilings, and large windows overlooking landscaped grounds. Enjoy free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TV, DVD player, and private bathrooms with a bathtub and hairdryer.
Conveniently located next to Bumrungrad Hospital and less than half a mile from Ploen Chit BTS Skytrain Station. Reach Central World Plaza and Siam Paragon in just a 5-minute Skytrain ride.
Relax at Som Sen Spa with body massages or stay active in the small fitness room. The elegant library adorned with local artwork offers a casual space for guests to read and mingle.
Indulge in healthy vegetarian and seafood dishes at Na Aroon Restaurant or enjoy room service from 7 am – 10 pm.
Riva Surya Bangkok
- Prime location: 5-minute walk to Khao San Road, 10-minute walk to The Bangkok National Museum.
- Suvarnabhumi Airport is just a 1-hour drive away.
- Tastefully furnished rooms with contemporary decor, flat-screen TV, iPod docking station, and safety deposit box.
- Some rooms feature a private balcony.
- 24-hour front desk assistance with laundry services and safety deposit box.
- On-site tour desk and free private parking available.
- Stunning river views from the on-site restaurant.
- Babble & Rum Restaurant offers diverse and delectable authentic Thai, Asian, and European cuisines.
- The Garden and Mezzanine Bar offer sweeping views of the Chao Phraya River and a wide range of wine and cocktails.
- Room service available upon request.
Chala Number6 offers well-equipped rooms with a flat-screen TV, fridge, and free toiletries. Some rooms have a balcony and city views. Breakfast with continental, American, and Asian options is available. The hotel staff speak English, Thai, and Chinese. Nearby attractions include Chedi Luang Temple, Three Kings Monument, and Chiang Mai Gate. The airport is 2.5 miles away, with a paid airport shuttle service.
137 Pillars House
137 Pillars House, located just minutes away from Thapae Gate Market and Chiang Mai city centre, offers stylish air-conditioned suites with parquet flooring and a walk-in closet. The suites feature a contemporary décor, with a balcony, patio, and spacious living area. Bathrooms come with a Victorian bathtub and an open-air shower. Amenities include cable TV and a personal safe.
The Dining Room offers a variety of à la carte Thai and international dishes, while the Library Bar provides snacks, drinks, and light meals. In-room dining is also available.
Guests can take advantage of the on-site business center and tour desk. The 24-hour front desk assists with luggage storage, currency exchange, and laundry services. Free on-site parking is provided.
This sample itinerary was created by our travel experts as inspiration for your next trip. Ready for your customization. You pick to suit your budget, desires, and cultural experiences. The price of this trip will vary, depending on the number of people in your party, dates of departure, and the availability of ground services. Please click on REQUEST A FREE QUOTE (above) and give us the necessary information to enable us to send you a FREE personalized quote within 48 hours if not sooner!
- Bangkok: Explore the iconic Wat Pho, marvel at the Grand Palace, and soak in local life on a picturesque khlong tour. Explore Thai street foods by Tuk Tuk.
- Kanchanaburi: Pay respects at the Thailand-Burma Railway Museum, War Cemetery, and the solemn Death Railway. Cross the historic Bridge on the River Kwai.
- Damnoen Saduak: Immerse yourself in one of Thailand’s most renowned floating markets, a vibrant hub of unique cultural experiences.
- Chiang Rai: Be enchanted by the ethereal beauty of Wat Rong Khun, known as the White Temple.
- Golden Triangle: Explore the Hall of Opium, glide on a Mekong River boat trip, and dive into the local charm of a Laos market.
- Chiang Mai: Delve into the Night Market’s bustling energy, and visit the serene temples of Wat Phra That Doi Suthep and Wat Chedi Luang.
- 7 hotel buffet breakfasts.
- 4 lunches at well-selected restaurants
- 1 street food tour
- An educational trip covering many of Thailand’s popular icons
- 100% tailor-made for your family’s needs and desires
- Your own private guide and driver for in-depth cultural touring based on your interests
- Firsthand, sophisticated destination knowledge and recommendations from our locally born travel specialists
- A seamless travel experience, including all logistics, hand-picked hotels and restaurants, private airport transfers, internal transportation, and entry visa assistance…etc
- Around-the-clock support from your travel designer and concierge before, during and after your trip
Private English speaking guide, accommodation, private tours and transfer, domestic flights, A/C train, some main meals, all entrance fees, tax, and service charge.
What’s Not Included?
Your international flights from and to Thailand, personal expense, tips to guide and driver.
Free service. No credit card required
Reviews on Our Service
Incredible Vietnam experience with Tony
Great company, great service
Amazing People and Great Service
We travelled for 7 weeks so the tour that we structured gave us a great mix of guided and free time. We were able to see the normal tourist sites, as well as spend some in-depth time in the villages and communities. This gave us a much greater insight into life in Vietnam and Cambodia. All I can say is that they are amazing and incredible people!
Our guides were great. Our drivers were safe and looked after us very well. I would not recommend anyone try driving on thier own if you are coming from a country where people obey the traffic laws. We learned over time that is is actully very organized chaos!
If you are looking for a great agency, we can assure you that Asia Pioneer cares about you and will look after you with every detail!
Thank you to Mr. Lam and the entire staff.
Maria & Tom – BC, Canada