Essence of Nepal
Day 1: Kathmandu – Arrival
Day 2: Kathmandu – Sightseeing Tour – Drive to Nagarkot
Day 3: Nagarkot – Sunrise & Mountain View – Chitwan National Park
Day 4: Chitwan National Park – Full–day Exploration
Day 5: Chitwan – Drive to Pokhara
Day 6: Pokhara – Drive to Sarangkot
Day 7: Kathmandu – Departure
Discover the essence of Nepal with this 7-day tour to understand what makes this Asian country so charming. See the great architectural symbols of Kathmandu when embarking on the UNESCO Cultural Heritage tour. Catch the breathtaking sunrise view in Nagarkot before heading to Chitwan National Park, famous for its diverse wildlife. Go on a full-day exploration to encounter the protected animals of the park, some of which can only be found in the Himalayas. Do some short hikes or join a boat trip to discover the tranquil beauty of Lake Fewa with the close-up view of the Annapurna range and Mt. Fishtail. In Sarangkot, enjoy the amazing sunrise and a cultural show to wrap up your adventure in Nepal.
Your private tour guide will meet you at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) and will escort you by private car to your selected hotel in Tribhuwan. Your knowledgeable guide will be happy to answer any questions along the way regarding your adventure in Nepal and will assist you with check-in and registration at the hotel.
The rest of the day will be yours to explore at your leisure.
Overnight at Kathmandu
After breakfast, you will go on the Kathmandu sightseeing tour. You are going to discover the UNESCO CULTURAL HERITAGE of this city today which includes:
– Swoyambhunath – The oldest Buddhist Stupa in Kathmandu Valley, a beautiful abode for lots of monkeys thus also known as Monkey Temple, is also a perfect vantage point to see Kathmandu valley.
– Pashupatinath – A holy pilgrimage for Hindus and Hindu Crematorium, watch as the Hindu dead bodies are cremated in the most unique way in the world; you will come across men with ash rubbed body, matted locks and dreaded look, which is a typical look of a Hindu Holy Men known as Sadhus.
– Boudhanath – the biggest Buddhist temple in the world; a site for Tibetan Buddhism where you can visit monasteries, watch the Holy Monks busy in their chanting ritual going around the temple.
– Patan Durbar Square – A Medieval Royal Palace area which is also known as the city of fine arts, you can see the finest example of metal and stone carving back to 14th century and also the amazing Nepali Architecture.
After this tour, you will drive to Nagarkot for about 1.5 hrs. and stay overnight there. Nagarkot is a beautiful hill station located 32 Kilometers east of Kathmandu and really famous for sunrise and Mountain View.
Overnight in Nagarkot
This morning, you will wake up early to enjoy the fabulous sunrise and mountain view from the hotel before having a lovely breakfast. After breakfast, you will drive from Nagarkot to Chitwan National Park – once the hunting ground of British and Nepalese aristocrats. Today, the animals – elephant, rhinoceros, tiger, leopard and deer – are protected strictly in Chitwan. The greatest thrill here is to scout for wildlife on the back of an elephant.
Overnight in Chitwan
After breakfast and check out, you will spend your full day in Chitwan National Park for exciting activities like jungle walk, elephant riding, visiting the village, canoeing, visiting elephant breeding center, bird watching, etc. Your tour guide will lead you through all the activities, giving you deeper insights about the wildlife, flora, and fauna in the national park. The interesting wild and aquatic life of rhinoceros, deer, bear, crocodile, and different birds will definitely make your day! In the evening, you can enjoy the Tharu cultural show. Tharus are aboriginal people of the area and they have their own language, culture, and tradition.
Overnight in Chitwan
Today you will have a 05–hour scenic drive to Pokhara, a very famous and standing amid nature tourist destination in Nepal. As soon as you reach Pokhara, the atmosphere starts telling us about the beauty of the place. One of the most beautiful lake cities in the world, Pokhara, is also the city for the adventure sports in Nepal. It is also a famous sightseeing place with beautiful lakes and a view of the Himalayan range. The close–up view of the Annapurna range and Mt. Fishtail from here is more than fascinating. In the afternoon, you will explore the beauty of Pokhara by boating on Lake Fewa, visiting the temple on a small island.
Overnight in Pokhara
In the early morning, you will drive to Sarangkot for sunrise and close–up view of Annapurna & Fishtail Mountain ranges. After breakfast, you will drive back to Kathmandu (or have the option to fly with extra cost). Let’s enjoy a half-day shopping and later in the evening, you will go for a farewell Nepali dinner with cultural show in Kathmandu and can have a discussion about the trip experience.
Overnight in Kathmandu
After breakfast and a leisurely morning on your own, you will check out by midday and your private driver will pick you up and take you to the airport for your departure flight home. Namaste!
Want to read it later?
Download this tour’s PDF brochure and start tour planning offline
This tour is built upon our firsthand knowledge & experience, offering you the best choices available. The price of this trip varies depending on the number of people in your party, dates of departure, and availability of ground services. Please click on REQUEST A FREE QUOTE (above) and supply the required information, enabling us to send you your personalized quote within 24 hours!
Note: Amendments CAN be made to this tour to suite your requirements.
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private Vehicles and Drivers
- Private English Speaking Guides (Other languages if available, upon request)
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner)
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
What’s Not Included?
- Your International Flights to and from Nepal
- Nepal entry Visa Fees (contact us for further information)
- Personal Expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Any bank fees or charges at your end
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Tips for guides and drivers
Free service. No credit card required
Reviews on Our Service
Incredible Vietnam experience with Tony
Great company, great service
Amazing People and Great Service
We travelled for 7 weeks so the tour that we structured gave us a great mix of guided and free time. We were able to see the normal tourist sites, as well as spend some in-depth time in the villages and communities. This gave us a much greater insight into life in Vietnam and Cambodia. All I can say is that they are amazing and incredible people!
Our guides were great. Our drivers were safe and looked after us very well. I would not recommend anyone try driving on thier own if you are coming from a country where people obey the traffic laws. We learned over time that is is actully very organized chaos!
If you are looking for a great agency, we can assure you that Asia Pioneer cares about you and will look after you with every detail!
Thank you to Mr. Lam and the entire staff.
Maria & Tom – BC, Canada